Saturday, December 14, 2013

Interview with guest writer Carole Brown

Would you take this time to describe your debut novel, The Redemption of Caralynne Hayman, to us? 
 

Here’s a brief blurb:  How far would YOU go to avenge a daughter’s cruel death?

Cara is considered rebellious and inappropriate to befriend. Dayne is the apple of Elder Simmons’ eye—until he takes a stand against their teachings. Can his prayers and love reach Cara and show her the way to redemption? Will Cara realize God’s love and forgiveness before she goes too far?
 The Redemption of Caralynne Hayman is a novel of hope shining through the darkness with strong elements of suspense and romance. This novel was a semifinalist in the Genesis contest and is receiving raving reviews! Release date was October 21, 2013 from the Lighthouse Publishing of the Carolinas.
 

What is the genre you write in?  Would you explain what it is?
I write suspense. My debut novel, The Redemption of Caralynne Hayman, is considered women’s fiction but filled with suspense and romance. I do believe anything I write will have suspense and/or mystery in it. Some--most--of my novels will not deal with such a strong topic as abuse, or at least will not be written as intensely as TRofCH.
I have a novel releasing this month--Hog Insane--that is the first book in a fun mystery series. 

What is the spiritual message in your latest book?  What can readers expect to get from reading it?
 Hope Shining Through the Darkness. I hope readers will see that even in dark times, in heartbreaking or hard times, when there is no light, that God can and does shine a light for us to cling to and trust in.

 I want readers to understand a little better of the horribleness of abuse and to experience more sympathy for those suffering from it. 

 Do you ever feel like giving up?  Most people don’t understand the stress, the work, and the joy of being a writer.  How tenuous becoming a writer is. Do you care to share how it feels, what discouraging/encouraging times you’ve gone through?  Who’s inspired you the most?
Of course! In 2011 and the beginning of 2012, I almost admitted I would never be a published author and that I might as well quit. Fortunately, one dear older lady made me realize that I needed to believe with all my heart. In April, 2012, I was invited to submit a full manuscript and that December I signed a contract. The Redemption of Caralynne Hayman released October 21, 2013. This year I was invited to submit another book to a different publisher and was accepted. That book will release this month.

Would you explain how you “chose” (or was chosen) a publisher?  Now, that you’re published, can you sit back and relax from the success you’ve experienced?
No, it was by invitation from the publishers, and no, I can’t relax totally. I may have a day to enjoy myself, but I have two books due next year, another one I need to finish editing soon, one I need to finish by the first of the year, and others I need to work on. There’s marketing, events to attend, normal tasks to perform, and life to be lived.

I never want to take what I have achieved for granted.

Would you give us your blog or webpage so everyone can check it out?   Anything else you’d like to share?  Promotional information?
I’d love for everyone to connect with me on one or several of these spots. Ask questions or feel free to watch for my next book.

Twitter:  https://twitter.com/browncarole212
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/sunnywrtr/boards/
Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/5237997-carole-brown

I also am part of several other blogs:
Stitches in Time:  http://stitchesthrutime.blogspot.com/
Barn Door Book Loft: http://www.barndoorbookloft.net/

 
Thank you, Carole, for using your gifts to serve our Lord. God bless your future endeavors!

 

 

2 comments:

Caroline said...

Lovely. Thanks, Connie. You're the best!

Connie Cameron said...

You are very welcome. And thank you for your dedication to serving the Lord with your gift!

 
Content Copyright Connie Cameron; All rights reserved
Site by Eagle Designs