Saturday, November 16, 2013

God’s Timing is Perfect

 
A family member from another state called me recently. Her heart was heavy for an elderly loved one who was suffering from physical ailments. She needed a listening ear and a comforting prayer. I gladly gave both.
Before we hung up, I found myself adding:  “I know it is painful to watch a loved one suffer. It can be easy to get angry with God for allowing it. But we need to remember that their suffering can be used for good. It can actually be for the benefit of others.”
In my cousin’s case, her loved one was a very strong Christian who gave his entire adult life to serving Christ. But if you have a loved one who you aren’t sure is a born again Christian, and who appears to be uncommunicative or comatose, don’t stop praying for them. God is able to do exceedingly, abundantly above and beyond all we dare to hope or think (Ephesians 3:20-21). Nothing is too hard for God. He can, and does, speak to those who can’t speak to us; give visions to those who cannot see us, all in order to reveal Himself and His love for them.
Keep praying for those who love the ill one, too, who are standing vigil and are hurting. What looks like “lingering” or the “prolonging” of death, is actually precious time that can be used by God to nudge family members/loved ones to pause and think about death and the afterlife—to seek Him. It is all part of His divine plan. And sometimes, it can be the only way to get a lost person to stop long enough in their hurried life to think about the afterlife.
When a death seems delayed (in our opinion), we need to remember God is still in control. As Christians, we will leave this earth at our appointed time—when our mansion is ready. In the meantime, keep trusting the One in control.
“Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me. My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you?  And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. (John 14:1-3)

No comments:

 
Content Copyright Connie Cameron; All rights reserved
Site by Eagle Designs