Monday, March 23, 2009

A Heavenly Book

I just finished reading a wonderfully uplifting and inspiring book, "My Glimpse of Eternity", by Betty Malz. I started reading it last night and didn't want to stop, but the light in our bedroom interferes with my husband's sleep (we arise at 4:15 a.m.), so I begrudgingly obliged. It was easy to dash out of bed this morning, knowing I would be able to return to the captivating gem.

After my morning Bible study (today I'm in James, chapter one) and hurriedly scribbling in my journal, I resumed my place in my new found literary treasure. By 6:45 - it was finished. Whew! Talk about moving! It took me to heaven and made me want to stay there.

It was first published in 1977 and recently re-released by Baker Revell publishers, and deservedly so. We need more books that remind us to live with eternity in mind; to make each day count for Jesus; to encourage us to let His neverending love ooze from our pores. We need books that gently prod us to be less self-absorbed and more God focused.

It has nudged me, as an inspirational writer myself, to get back on the saddle and keep the reigns on the horse.

Read any good books lately?

God bless,
Connie

No comments:

 
Content Copyright Connie Cameron; All rights reserved
Site by Eagle Designs